Spooled file to PC file
Last Post 18 Feb 1999 04:11 AM by Anonymous. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
18 Feb 1999 01:51 AM
I am new to the AS400 and I need to download a file created on the AS400 using CPYSPLF command to a PC file. The problem is that the file when it arrives on the PC must be formatted as if it were going directly to printer, i.e., all the vertical spacing must be present when this file gets to the PC. The downloaded PC file is used with software that maps to a specific location and grabs the data. Is there anything we can do on the as400 to accomplish this?
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
18 Feb 1999 04:11 AM Accepted Answer
You could CPYSPLF the spooled file to a data base file (record length=width of printer file + 2) specifying CTLCHAR(*FCFC), then copy that data base file to a shared folder (CPYTOPCD), and then, if you are in Windows 95/NT, map that share folder to a network drive, say I (in Windows 3.1 just assign the shared folder to a letter when setting the SF function). Finally, just COPY that file in the share folder to a PC drive (COPY I:\yourfile C:\). hth Juan Carlos
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
18 Feb 1999 04:11 AM Accepted Answer
You could CPYSPLF the spooled file to a data base file (record length=width of printer file + 2) specifying CTLCHAR(*FCFC), then copy that data base file to a shared folder (CPYTOPCD), and then, if you are in Windows 95/NT, map that share folder to a network drive, say I (in Windows 3.1 just assign the shared folder to a letter when setting the SF function). Finally, just COPY that file in the share folder to a PC drive (COPY I:\yourfile C:\). A long way? Yes, but it works. Juan Carlos
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
18 Feb 1999 07:24 PM Accepted Answer
Neil, I first used FTP to do it and the copied file was far from the spooled file I had seen 2 minutes before. In fact people from Create!Print had suggested me using BINARY before FTPing the file. The garbagge was even worse. So I decided to took little Red Hood way and worked. JC
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy