CWBCO1048 Error when connecting remotely from networked PC
Last Post 26 Dec 2008 04:30 PM by Larry Growns. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
NANCY WALK

--
17 Mar 2008 09:05 PM
I am trying to access an iSeries from a remote site, and am receiving the CWBCO1048 error. I know that TCP/IP is started on this iSeries, and that my local hosts file has the correct IP address entry for this iSeries. I only receive this error when using a Windows XP computer that is part of a workgroup in a peer-to-peer network environment. If I use a stand alone machine that is not on the network, I do not get the error. Has anyone else experienced problems using Client Access from a remote PC that is part of a Windows Workgroup? Is there a way to get around this problem without disabling my network? Thanks, Nancy Walk nwalk@socket.net
Jeffrey Herman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Mar 2008 09:16 PM Accepted Answer
iSeries Access contains the CWBPING command to check client connectivity. This may be interesting when there are firewall or VPN issues, and f.e. some ports are closed needed by the iSeries access client.
CWBPING system_name
        [ /v ]          Verbose
        [ /ssl:# ]      Enable SSL (1 or 0)
        [ /fips:# ]     Force FIPS mode (1 or 0)
        [ /pl:# ]       Port mode ( 0 - 2 )
        [ /al:# ]       Address mode ( 0 - 5 )
        [ /serv:name ]  Service name
        [ /port:# ]     Port number
        [ /user:userid ]
        [ /password:password ]
        [ /timeout:#]   Connect timeout ( 0 - 3600 )
        [ /all ]        All services
        [ /j ]          Java verify
        [ /tune:<?> ]   Run in tune mode
Enter on a Windows Command prompt :

cwbping  myAS400   /port:23  /user:myuserprofile    /password:mypassword
Elvis Budimlic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Mar 2008 09:33 PM Accepted Answer
I got a lot of hits for CWBCO1048 on IBM support site: http://www-912.ibm.com/ImprovedSear...ptions.jsp Perhaps one of these applies to your situation.
NANCY WALK

--
17 Mar 2008 11:04 PM Accepted Answer
I tried the CWBPING command but I am not making any connection to the iSeries. I also tried the telnet suggestion and received a similar set of errors. Below are the error messages for my attempt at CWBPING. Any more suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, nwalk@socket.net E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Central Client, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Network File, returned 1 0060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Network Print, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Data Access, returned 10 060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Data Queues, returned 10 060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Remote Command, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Security, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application DDM, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function connect() returned 10060 E - CWBCO1048 - A time-out occurred trying to connect to the iSeries E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Telnet, returned 10060 E - CWBCO1016 - Connection verify to system 192.168.1.12 failed
warp man

--
06 Dec 2008 02:03 AM Accepted Answer
Did you ever get this fix? I'm having the same issue and have not been able to fix it.
Larry Growns

--
24 Dec 2008 02:30 PM Accepted Answer
I was able to circumvent this problem on a remote Vista pc by changing an option under ISeries Navigator. Specifically, select "Properties" for the system to connect to and go to the "Connection" tab. Under "Performance" find "Where to lookup remote port:" Select "Standard" from the drop down box. Of course, if ports have been associated differently on the host, this may be problematic, but I anticipate it will solve the problem for most. It would be good to know why the 'Server" selection does not work in all cases. Perhaps, with this narrowing down of the problem, one with some expertise in this area can help further.
Larry Growns

--
26 Dec 2008 04:30 PM Accepted Answer
The previous post was a bit pre-mature. My connection was successful, that session... I have since learned that to successfully connect a 5250 session, I must have made my initial logon through I-Series Navigator. If I go directly to the 5250 session, a socket related message appears at the bottom of the session--"Local socket trying to connect to remote server...infinitely..." Signing on through Navigator first, then bringing up the 5250 works. I am not sure at this point that my previous advice regarding selecting the "Standard" ports option has any value. Any advice from someone in the know, is appreciated.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy