HA for Q libraries
Last Post 14 Nov 2006 02:09 PM by Tim Crowley. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Tim Crowley

--
14 Nov 2006 11:48 AM
Hi All, We have a HA solution that replicates all libraries on the system expect libraries that start with Q. I needed to start replication for libraries QGPL and QUSRSYS My question is should I replicate all objects in the libraries or should I exclude all objects that start with Q. Also are there other user libraries that start with Q that I should be replicating. Thanks Tim
Lee Yarrington
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Nov 2006 12:51 PM Accepted Answer
Which software are you using?? Software such as iTera Echo2 is setup to by default not replicate "Q" users, libraries, etc. but there is a way to change this from what our support informed us as we recently added a user that starts with "Q" that isn't an IBM user. As for other "Q" libraries, I would hope that your staff doesn't use the "Q" to start a library name leaving this as reserved for IBM libraries (exception being QGPL as some apps put stuff in there), but you should check your list with PDM. HTH - Lee.
Tim Crowley

--
14 Nov 2006 02:09 PM Accepted Answer
Thanks for the responce It looks like I will be using iTera soon because I’m a Vision customer. We don’t create any libraries that start with Q but before I started in this job QGPL and QUSRSYS were used for general libraries e.g. output queues, job queues, query output files etc. I think it’s ok to replicate everything except objects that start with Q but if I do this what am I missing if I do a roll swap. Tim
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy