WHFUSG field
Last Post 20 Jul 2006 01:40 PM by Al Slezak. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Al Slezak
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Jul 2006 09:11 PM
Does any one know were I can find the values of the WHFUSG field from the DSPPGMREF command outfile? I have the following values 0=Not available 1=input 2=output 3=display 4=update 5=input/update 6=output/update 7=Input/output/update 8=N/S 9=CL command 10=Copy 99=? I don't know what N/S means either.
Moti Seif

--
20 Jul 2006 09:20 AM Accepted Answer
Hi, Tried to find in GOOGLE (you can find almost anything there) and encountered an IBM article dealing with DSPPGMREF command. From this article :
For files, the record contains the following additional fields: ... ... ... The program use of the file (1=input, 2=output, 4=update, 8=unspecified, or a number representing a combination of any of these four; for example, a code of 11 is a combination of 1, 2, and 8, which is input, output, and unspecified)
As I understand from the above, with the emphasis on the 11 code, you can guess almost any code based on the combination of the 4 codes (1,2,4,8). By the way : 1. N/S means Not Specified. Such as a file being overridden (OVRDBF) before being accessed in a HLL program. 2. Code 9 means Input/Not Specified (A combination of codes 1 and 8). Where did you get "CL command" ? 3. Code 10 means Output/Not Specified (A combination of codes 2 and 8). Where did you get "Copy" ? Hope it helps. Have a nice day. Moti.
Al Slezak
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 Jul 2006 01:40 PM Accepted Answer
I got the CL command and COPY from a utility I got from the Iseries magazine. It's from the dictionary data base cross reference utility. I guess when the person who wrote the utility found out that that is what it was when those values came up they used that description to display. Thanks for the help on the not specified. I'll use that to display on the cross reference display.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy