Page rolling
Last Post 16 Sep 2005 05:50 AM by doug eckersley. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
14 Sep 2005 10:25 AM
When you are editing in SEU on the iSeries you can control the amount of page roll. H=Half Page Type H or HALF if you want to move either half a page up or down when you press the roll up or down keys or window a half a page when you press F19=Left or F20=Right. F=Full Page Type F or FULL if you want to move either a full page up or down when you press the roll up or down keys or window a full page when you press F19=Left or F20=Right. C=Cursor Position Type C or CSR if you want to move by the cursor position when you press the roll up or down keys or window by the cursor position when you press F19=Left or F20=Right. D=Data Type D or DATA if you want to move by data (a page up or down minus one line) when you press the roll up or down keys or window either a page up or down minus one column when you press F19=Left or F20=Right. 1-999 Type the number of lines you want to move up or down when you press the roll up or down keys, or window a number of columns when you press F19=Left or F20=Right. Can you do something like this on the LPEX editor?
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
15 Sep 2005 07:43 AM Accepted Answer
I don't believe you can do this (haven't found any settings as yet) However I don't use the page up/down keys that much, now that you can scroll up and down with the cursor keys and mouse. I find that so much easier
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
15 Sep 2005 05:34 PM Accepted Answer
G'day Mike, Having a mouse with a scroll wheel even makes like a lot easier to page through the source files. The one thing I was missing with SEU was block cut and paste - but I found out there are different blocking options yesterday and now I can block just a single or multiple columns and not the just the default of line blocking. I'm starting to be a lot more productive now! Regards,
doug eckersley
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Sep 2005 05:50 AM Accepted Answer
I do know that Crtl-T works like the CSR scroll, but I hardly use it, for the same reason as Mike and Darryl.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy