change word color on the AS400 within a program
Last Post 25 Mar 2013 08:42 AM by lockll. 8 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lockll

--
22 Mar 2013 12:19 PM

Is there a way to change the color of specific word on the AS400..

example..

I want to change the word FIND  to red..

FIND:

programed station at the end of the aisle..

Thanks!!!!

Brian Rusch
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Mar 2013 12:30 PM
Could you give us a little more detail, please? For example, is this for a display, printout, within the source of a program, or something else?
lockll

--
22 Mar 2013 01:21 PM
it is a CL program and we would like to highlight the main points by choosing a color. This will be used as part of the help function for training...

0001.00 PURPOSE:
0002.00 This screen is designed to let you know the status of an item at all branches where it is stocked.

We would like the word PURPOSE to be red.
Scott Klement
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
22 Mar 2013 02:41 PM
So these are comments in a CL program?    Or is it a screen?  (If so, why does it say 1.00, 2.00, etc to the left?)   Or what the heck is it?
lockll

--
22 Mar 2013 03:28 PM
The programmer says its a CL program.. The numbers are a guide for herself..
Ringer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Mar 2013 03:44 PM
Are you wanting to color code comments in the program? If so, you need to edit the source in some HEX mode (DBU, LPEX, SQL, etc) and add x'28' before the comment which is the color red in 5250. This would display as a RED word in SEU but would not in LPEX editor. I have a member called COLORS with all the combos in it and I C / O (copy / overlay) to color code comments.

If you just want the color on a DSPF just use COLOR(RED) for the field.

Chris Ringer

Brian Rusch
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Mar 2013 03:48 PM
You're still not providing enough detail to give you a good answer, so I'll take a stab at a couple of possibilities.

If the CL program is using a display file, then in the display file, use the COLOR(RED) keyword on the appropriate field. The keyword can be conditioned with an indicator to turn it on and off so the field can be the color red only when you want.

If this is text stored in a source member or file that will be displayed through something other than a display file, then you could put a display attribute byte (red is x'28') right before the text that you want in color and one right after to turn it back to normal (normal is x'20').

If it's neither of these, then we need more specifics to the problem to be helpful.
John Severinsen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
24 Mar 2013 05:16 PM
Posted By Ringer on 22 Mar 2013 03:44 PM
I have a member called COLORS with all the combos in it and I C / O (copy / overlay) to color code comments.

In case anyone didn't know and finds this useful, in client access I have mapped these to the keyboard keys by typing "apl xx" on a key.  So for instance, on the Ctrl-R key, I have entered apl 28 to insert the red colour attribute.  I've put apl 29 on Alr-R (inverse red) and apl 2c on Shift-Ctrl-R (underlined red) etc etc.  I find it a quick and easy way to add the colour attributes.

lockll

--
25 Mar 2013 08:42 AM
Sorry the information has been a bit vague.. I will try the suggestions and get more detailed information if needed.. Thanks for all your help..!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy