read IFS in HTML/XHTML format and convert to pdf?
Last Post 20 Mar 2013 01:55 PM by Henrik Rutzou. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
msc2

--
20 Mar 2013 11:10 AM

I was looking at CGIDEV2's ability to write RPG program to easily write IFS stream file in any text format (CSV, HTML, XHTML, XML).  Also MMAIL's  ability to pick up IFS file and insert into body of email or attach to email.

One feature that  might be interesting is the ability to read IFS in HTML/XHTML format and convert to pdf to attach to email.  Does this functionality exist for iseries?  I see that similar products exist on desktop platforms.  I understand that rendering HTML is a big job especially badly written HTML can be hard to parse and with all the quirks between HTML standards can make such a conversion program difficult.

Henrik Rutzou
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 Mar 2013 12:26 PM

I know that Nathan Adelin from Relational Data Corporation has written a RPG wrapper around Flying Saucer and iText but I don't know if it is free. It was recently discussed in the group AS/400 professionals on linkedin.com

Greg Wilburn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Mar 2013 12:37 PM
Would be fairly useful... Several web services send us customized "packing slips" as HTML (which I save on the IFS). Right now we have to print them manually. Would be great to just send them to a printer... I believe you can do this with a PDF file.
Henrik Rutzou
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 Mar 2013 01:55 PM

I'm currently looking into to it. 

It could be a nice feature/extension in my own CGIDEV2 based Open Source project at http://www.powerext.com 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy