Docuware server change
Last Post 20 Feb 2013 05:26 PM by Scott Klement. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Al Slezak
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Feb 2013 01:58 PM

We are changing our docuware server to a windows based and I am trying to find out how the old server is connected.  I know what software it uses to transfer document via java to the docuware server but I cannot find where the device is configured on the system.  They tell me the IP address is 172.23.2.77 but I have been looking through the TCP/IP commands and I cannot find that address on the iSeries.  I guess I have not done this for a while so I do not know how to change this or what to look for when changing a server.  Can someone give me some tips on this?

Al

Rocky Marquiss

--
14 Feb 2013 02:02 PM
It depends on your network - if the connection to your system is via a router that is using NAT (Network Address Translation) for example it may well be remapped to a different IP address than what the client uses - or like in our case we use reverse proxy which essentially accomplishes the same thing - where a request of a server is made and it passes on the request to our system in the back end - the client is using the IP address of the initial server totally unaware that the data is really coming from an entirely different box.
Al Slezak
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Feb 2013 11:03 AM

It seems that all the information is in the compiled java code and in the code it uses a properties files that has the IP Address on it.  So we have to recompile the code with a new value in the properties ID and then is should point to the new server.  I guess you can do this with Java and not have to set up some location on the iseries what the TCP/IP address is.  If I am wrong with this someone else can set me straight.

Al

Scott Klement
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
20 Feb 2013 05:26 PM
You can do this in any language without having to set up any special device associated with the IP address.  That's how almost all TCP/IP stuff works.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy