RUNSQL "gotcha" when upgrading to V7R1
Last Post 07 Feb 2013 09:30 AM by Rocky Marquiss. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mygoodname

--
07 Feb 2013 08:54 AM

The RUNSQL command was officially released with V7R1 but was made available to V6R1 systems via PTF.

After our system was upgraded to V7R1, I was no longer able to compile any CL programs using RUNSQL for V6R1 compatability.

According to IBM (who handled the upgrade for us), they don't automatically install V6R1 compatability because they don't know if the V6R1 PTF was applied beforehand.

The official solution is to create a duplicate object of the RUNSQL command into the QSYSV6R1M0 library following the V7R1 upgrade.

My question to IBM on why they simply do not do that as a standard part of the upgrade process have yet to be answered.

Rocky Marquiss

--
07 Feb 2013 09:30 AM

My question to IBM on why they simply do not do that as a standard part of the upgrade process have yet to be answered.

I think they answered that question - IBM has no way of knowing whether you have that PTF installed on whatever system you're moving it to - the safest best is to assume that you do not in order to avoid your programs compiling as if all is well but die a horrible and painful death on the remote system because that function doesn't exist. They provided a solution so that *your* system knows that you are planning on implementing on a system that does.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy