RDP Ghost Message Waiting
Last Post 10 Sep 2013 04:40 PM by Rocky Marquiss. 7 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Eddie Parker

--
07 Feb 2013 07:28 AM

From time to time when I use RDP 8.0.3 to connect to an iSeries partition I get a MSGW condition.  When I attempt to look at the message, it says the job is not waiting for a specific message.  In the job log, I get the following multiple times:

CPF2110 Library QSYS2924 not found.
CPC2206 Ownership of object ZRCRPCSPC in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
CPF4028 Open of member SRMTLGL1 was changed to SEQONLY(*NO).

CPF5C61 Client request - run program QSYS/QWCRTVCA.
CPF4028 Open of member SRMTLGL1 was changed to SEQONLY(*NO).
CPF5C61 Client request - run program QSYS/QMHRCVM.

I've checked my connections with other partitions and I never see the CPF4028 message in their job logs.  I've disconnected the connection from RDP and restarted, but the message persists. This isn't preventing me from working with anything in RDP, but it's throwing an annoying message that our operators get constantly.  This just started happening in the past week and not always on the same partition.  Can anyone explain to me what's happening here and what I can do to stop this (short of  having to restart RDP) from occurring?  Thanks.

Rocky Marquiss

--
07 Feb 2013 02:00 PM
Not sure where you're seeing the message - or what job it's associated with. The joblog isn't showing anything of interest - it couldn't find QSYS2924 library - but that's ok - I'd get the same error message if I knew what job you're looking at...

You see a job with MSGW but it says that it's not waiting for a specific message - that indicates the job is using RCVMSG (or equivilent API) to monitor a message queue - in otherwords it's not looking for any particular message or reply - it's just monitoring a message queue to see if a message of interest arrives.
Rocky Marquiss

--
07 Feb 2013 02:01 PM
RDP is at 8.5.1 - you may want to update your RDp...
Eddie Parker

--
07 Feb 2013 08:04 PM
The job is one of the QZ_SVR jobs in subsystem QUSRWRK that is created when connecting to the partition for the first time. I get the job log directly from the RDP iSeries partition with the problem. I've been using 8.0.3 for the past two years without ever encountering this problem. And, yes, I do have 8.5.1 also. However, until we have all the necessary upgrades to our 3rd party packages, the plug-ins will not work for that version.
Pravin Jose

--
04 Aug 2013 07:27 AM
Hello Eddie

I also faced the similar problem today. I used i5 debugger to debug an RPG IV program. After sometime I closed the i5 debugger. When I came back to my 5250 session, I saw job with the name same as the program I was trying to debug. The job was in MSGW status. When I took option 7 against the job, the message "job is not waiting for a specific message" was displayed.

For me, the job was showing MSGW status because in the program that I tried to debug I put a Service Entry Point (SEP). I closed the debugger before any running program encountered the service entry break point I added. While closing the i5 debugger the service entry break point was still in enabled status.

I had to kill the job by taking option 4 against it.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Pravin
Rocky Marquiss

--
09 Sep 2013 03:44 PM
QSYS2924 is used, I believe, when English is the second language - if that gives any insight...
Emmanuel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Sep 2013 07:49 AM

"RDP is at 8.5.1"

RDP 9.0 is the current version.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Rocky Marquiss

--
10 Sep 2013 04:40 PM
Actually - to be technical - RDP is at 8.5.1... RDi is 9.0 - ok ok - enough technicalities LOL
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy