BRMS upgrade on to new system
Last Post 01 Mar 2013 05:55 AM by kclaus. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mark lishman

--
07 Feb 2013 06:13 AM

We have a new 770 with O/S 7.1. I have the licenses running in parallel with a 570 system.

I have an older 570 system which has all my BRMS set up configured and is currently my Production system.

As part of the O/S upgrade BRMS was upgraded but i had to clear all media, Policy's CTRL groups etc on the 770 due to BRMS network problems updating the wrong systems.

To complete the migration in 2 weeks time i need to put all my BRMS configuration from the 570 to the 770 just after cutover when the comms changes have taken place. The 770 will be replacing the 570 with the same name and IP address.

Is there a way of importing all my BRMS configuration to the new 770 from the 570? I am very wary of copying any "Q" objects across to the new O/S.

I am hoping not only to restore across my media information and history but all my control groups, all policys and classes and the values in the system policy and backup policy?

Thanks in advance if somebody can help with this

John Severinsen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Feb 2013 08:24 PM
Never done this as we've normally done a system save and restore, however you should be able to save/restore the QUSRBRM library as that contains your BRMS database.
kclaus

--
01 Mar 2013 05:55 AM

Hi

You could use the INZBRM command to import the settings and media info from the other lpar (*MERGE option).

Save QUSRBRM from the source system. Restore it to a dummy library and use the INZBRM *MERGE.

Here is a guide:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...345307.htm

If you do not save to save files through BRMS you do not need to save Q1ABRMSF*.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy