Moving Data from One PF to Another
Last Post 04 Feb 2013 01:21 PM by GARYS. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
imrkhan

--
04 Feb 2013 10:39 AM

I am copying data from one physical file to another pf through a Rpg program. Its running fine till the 13000 record but once it encounters 13001th record it showing a message , "Waiting for reply to message on message queue Qsysopr." Please help me in overcoming it.

Thanks in Advance...

Scott Mildenberger

--
04 Feb 2013 10:52 AM
Did you look at what the message on QSYSOPR says. I would guess that the defaults were used when creating the target PF and it has filled up. You can use CHGPF to change the number of records allowed. The message on QSYSOPR should allow you to extend the size of the file also, read the help text.
Jack Callahan
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Feb 2013 12:01 PM

When you created the "to-File", how many records did you allocate? If you didn't explicitly specify a size, the IBM shipped defaults for file allocation is an initial allocation of 10,000 records with three incremental allocations of 1,000 records. That's 13,000 records total that can be added to the file before an error message is raised to signal the file exceeds its allocation.

You can change the allocation using CHGPF command (prompt and look for the SIZE parameter)

GARYS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Feb 2013 01:21 PM
You can change the allocation using CHGPF command (prompt and look for the SIZE parameter)

or......if you are not afraid of filling up the disk with a run-away program.....you can create your files with
initial number of records *nomax

Best of Luck
Gary
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy