Direct console
Last Post 18 Jan 2013 01:51 AM by monand. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
monand

--
08 Jan 2013 05:40 AM

I have installed a direct console in my Iseries 9406-520. It's installed in a PC contected by TCP/IP to the company network.
When we connect the console the LAN to company network has been disconnected.

The problem is that the IP of direct console is 192.168.0.1 (the DNS IP of company network) There is any way to change the IP console adress?  

The purpose of this is to connect remotely to this PC and can use the console.

Thank you in advance,

Rocky Marquiss

--
08 Jan 2013 05:54 PM
Direct console is attached via serial cable - you can put whatever address you want to on the network adapter.

If you're refering to LAN Console - you need to have two adapters - one that is dedicated to a dedicated LAN between the 9406 and the console - the second to attach to your normal network - the latter can be whatever IP address you wish it to be.
monand

--
10 Jan 2013 03:35 AM
Posted By Rocky Marquiss on 08 Jan 2013 05:54 PM
Direct console is attached via serial cable - you can put whatever address you want to on the network adapter.

If you're refering to LAN Console - you need to have two adapters - one that is dedicated to a dedicated LAN between the 9406 and the console - the second to attach to your normal network - the latter can be whatever IP address you wish it to be.

We have direct console, the one that is attached via serial cable.

In the PC we have one LAN adapter to connect the PC to company network. If I execute IPCONFIG in the CMD in PC console I have the IP address of company network. And when I execute IPCONFIG when I connect the console I have 2 IP adressess, one of the company network and 192.168.0.1 (the console IP). If I need to know is that if it is possible to change this IP address

When I connect the console a DUN conection is opened. I try to change the IP in this conection but it hasn´t worked.

The 9406-520 has two LAN adapters, but I try to change the console mode to LAN, but a message appears indicating that there isn´t valid LAN adapter.

Regards,

Rocky Marquiss

--
11 Jan 2013 10:35 AM
It's been awhile since I've used direct console - close to 9 years... but I'm not sure what you're saying about the Console IP - not aware of an IP address associated with the serial connection... our IP network at the time was 192.168.0.x and it didn't cause us any issues.

In regards to using LAN Console - the LAN Adapter used for LAN console has to be located in the proper slot on the system. Call 1-800-IBM-SERV and ask them for assistance in setting up LAN Console - I liked LAN Console a lot more than the direct Console.
monand

--
18 Jan 2013 01:51 AM
Thank you. I try to call them to change the slot of Lan adaptar.

Regards,
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy