job log printing for interactive job
Last Post 28 Nov 2012 05:33 AM by blaine67. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Patrick Slevin
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Nov 2012 03:02 PM
We have some of our users are getting a job log printing out for their interactive job for their Client Access 5250 session.  This just started happenning after we upgraded from V5R4 to V7R1.  The title on the job log is "Work with Job".  I am attaching an example.  I did a WRKSYSVAL QLOGOUTPUT and it is currently set to *JOBEND.  Could this be what is causing the job log to be generated?  I do not know what it was set at before the upgrade.  Should it be changed to *PND?  Thanks.
Craig R. Lockhart
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Nov 2012 05:12 PM

1st, job logs are almost  always generated ... and are usually on hold.

Your attachment appears to be the result of the WrkJob command directed to *print.  I do not think that changing your QLOGOUTPUT system value is going to remedy your situation.

You might look at the INLPGM parameter of the users in question, then look at that program.  My suspicion is that that is the culprit. 

blaine67

--
27 Nov 2012 11:59 AM

Likely after you upgraded a print file was changed back to the default to print.

Find the print file and change to either hold or print to an outq that is not attached to a printer.

I mention this becasue we do the same thing.  We change the QPDSPJOB print file to direct the output to a different outq....

Patrick Slevin
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
27 Nov 2012 02:41 PM
It looks like QPDSPJOB is the print file in question.  Do I do a CHGPRTF FILE(QPDSPJOB) OUTQ(xxx) whre xxx is the name of the outq to send it to?  Thanks.
blaine67

--
28 Nov 2012 05:33 AM

If that is what you want to do, than yes.  Just create an outq using the CRTOUTQ command.  Called it whatever you want.  Then run the CHGPRTF command for the QPDSPJOB print file, specifying the new outq you created.

Depending how your library lists are configured, you may need to specify the library name as well.

CHGPRTF FILE(QPDSPJOB) OUTQ(XXXXXX/XXXXXX)

This is only a suggestion, because you will need to remeber this each time you upgrade your operating system.  You can put this and other custom stuff you may have in a CL and remeber to run it each time you upgrade.

Hope this helps......

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy