monitoring accesses to a file (or table ...) or even user s actions
Last Post 29 Nov 2012 02:06 PM by lotringer. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lotringer

--
25 Nov 2012 09:42 AM

hi,

excuse me if its perhaps a stupid question  but as being ririculous doenst kill i may take the risk :)

it happens on a device with v5r3m0

one of our files has his data changed without any reason, for example the code of a product changes and from one day to the other the product is no more scanable for shiping. so its blocking the shiping and involves unexpected delays.several persons have accesses to this file using forms and i want to know who or which program is doing this changes. from my point of view it may be a user who makes directly these changes or why not an old program which is used by someone who works a long time in the society and has "his habits" doing this or that using a deprecated program ... (its sometimes hard to ask people leave their old habits :) )

as i am writing i wonder even if i know who it is , is it than possible to monitor only this users actions to see all the programs he is using ?

i heard there is a solution to observe changes on an object (generating logs), but dont know how to do that.  i would feel quiet if someone give me guidelines , because i dont want to try commands without really knowing what they are doing or what it involves as results.

thanks for some help !

bye
lotringer
John Severinsen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 Nov 2012 02:00 PM
Is the file being changed journalled? You can check this using the DSPFD command.
If it is, you can use the DSPJRN command to determine who is modifying the records.
Jack Callahan
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Nov 2012 05:29 PM

IBM provides facilities to track changes to the database, but you have to activate them by running commands.

Commands you need to run to set up journaling for the file would be:

1) CRTJRNRCV mylib/myjrnrcv

2) CRTJRN mylib/myjrn JRNRCV(mylib/myjrnrcv)

3) STRJRNPF myfile JRN(mylib/myjrn)

At this point, every insert/change/delete to myfile will be logged into mylib/myjrnrcv.

You can dump entries of interest using the DSPJRN command.

lotringer

--
29 Nov 2012 02:06 PM

hi,

thank you for giving me these commands !.  i was working on other major projects and not yet tested it, but i will do it for sure :)

to answer the question, the changes on the products dont happen each day. all may work 3 weeks long till the problem (product code changed) occurs, than my collegue or i insert again the right code and it goes forward. but if this happens for example in the evening when products are made, but no office is open, the shipping is blocked till the next day or even for all the weekend :(

i ll give you news

bye

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy