Saving and restoring an Integrated Web Services Server definition
Last Post 20 Nov 2012 10:51 PM by Colin Grierson. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Colin Grierson

--
20 Nov 2012 06:33 PM

We have used the web admin server wizard to create several integrated web application servers on a system, then used the administration wizard to expose a number of RPG programs/service programs as web services. All good.

Now we are setting up an HA site for the system. Is there any way of saving Integrated Web Application Server configurations and restoring them to the HA system. We will want to do this for the initial setup and whenever the services change.

• The configuration details appear to be held in the /www subdirectory, however restoring this (and the QATMHINSTC member) gets me an HTTP server definition. But no Web Application Server definition appears in the Web Admin server displays. If I try it, the HTTP server starts and runs, however requests fail to find the LWI application server.
  • What am I missing?
  • Can it be saved and restored or otherwise moved to the HA system?

Thanks for your help

Colin Grierson 

BTW, for a simple HTTP server, moving the /www subdirectory & the QATMHINSTC member, to another system appears to work. However you lose the HTTP server description - as displayed by the Web Admin server, so this must be held elsewhere too. 

Colin Grierson

--
20 Nov 2012 10:51 PM
Further investigation:

My server was "wsascpg" searching the /www/wsascpg directory for the source system host name I found:
/www/wsascpg/lwi/runtime/webservicesmax/eclipse/plugins/WebServicesEngine/WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml
This file contains an XML tag holding the local host name. Replicated from the production server, this will be wrong on the backup server unless the system will be renamed in the event of a role swap.

I also found symbolic links to /qibm/userdata/OS/OSGi, looking in there I found
/qibm/userdata/OS/OSGi/registry/iasregistry.data
This file appears to hold a short summary of each Integrated Application Server. In my test case:

NAME=wsascpg
PATH=/www/wsascpg
IASROOT=/www/wsascpg/lwi
VERSION=8.1
SERVERTYPE=profile.I5webservicessvr

Another file qibm/userdata/OS/OSGi/registry/registry.data looked likely. It had names of other servers, but not my new server.

Correcting the axis2.xml file and adding the registration entry appears to have fixed the problem so the web server service now works.
• I’m not 100% sure as I have another issue, probably to do with firewalls, so I could not get a perfect run. (I had the same issue on the production server).
• I would not rely on this without confirmation from IBM or someone who knows the topic really well.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy