sql instead of wrkqry
Last Post 14 Nov 2012 03:40 PM by lotringer. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lotringer

--
13 Nov 2012 03:44 PM

hi,

reading the subject says always a lot. on an as400 with v5r3m0 i was only learnt how to make sql with wrkqry which is poor and doesnt enable to make fine selections how i would like to do it. surely there is an existing tool to make real sql selections and may be also with some friendly (with the green screen :) ) interface. can you give me an answer ?

thanks

lotringer
Tommy Holden

--
13 Nov 2012 04:13 PM
try using STRSQL from the command line. or you could use QM query (which is likely a better fit if you are creating reports vs just just checking data, etc) STRQM from the command line would get you into that interface. if by some chance you don't have access to those you could use the run SQL scripts functionality in Navigator
lotringer

--
14 Nov 2012 03:40 PM
hi tommy,

thank you for sharing your experience with a newbee. i am making some experience to try and build the selections i would like to have. a new door is open for me hey hey !
as i see your a general concerning sql 4 stars ! :) so i suppose your range of knowledge is much more wider than sql. may i ask you something else here, because i dont know if the cl forum is the right one for that question ? here is the question: one of our files has his data changed without any reason, for example the code of a product changes and form one day to the other the product is no more scanable. i know there is a solution to observe changes on an object (generating logs), but dont know exactly the command or commands ... , i would feel quiet if someone give me guidelines , because i dont want to try commands without really knowing what a they are doing or what it involves as results.

bye
lotringer
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy