SMTP Mail - QRYDST
Last Post 28 Oct 1999 10:54 AM by Anonymous. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
28 Oct 1999 09:00 AM
Perhaps I am missing something. I have configured my AS/400 model 720, running V4R3 as and SMTP and POP server. I have successfully sent and email message, and attachment to a recipient using the SNDDST command and a standard internet email address. I have configured Netscape Messenger to use as a mail client. I can send mail with this client through the 400 to a recipient using a standard EMAIL address. The recipient can then respond back to me and I can see this response as a message in Netscape Messenger. What I need to do (and can't seem to figure out) is receive the mail from the AS/400 side. I though I could use the QRYDST command for a specific user and find that mail has been sent, and the RCVDST to receive the mail. But the QRYDST command tells me I have 0 dsistributions. I'll say it another way. I have signed on to my AS/400 as FOOUSER (set up in the distribution directory to use SMTP mail). The 400 has a domain of MY400.CORPDOMAIN.COM. So the sender address would be FOOUSER@MY400.CORPDOMAIN.COM I use the SNDDST command on a command line to send a message to SOMEUSER@SOMEDOMAIN.COM (an internet EMAIL account). If the user responded back to the message I would expect to be able to use the QRYDST command to find the response, i.e QRYDST USRID(FOOUSER MY400). But, the system returns the message that "Requested distribution complete, 0 distributions." No if I connect with Netscape Messenger as this user, I can see the response. So, the question is why can't I see the repsonse with QRYDST and/or haow can I get the repsonse from the 400 side. Thanks Steve H
Anonymous
Editorial Staff Member
Editorial Staff Member

--
28 Oct 1999 10:54 AM Accepted Answer
Qrydst to my understanding is meant for "green screen" user and not for user with Outlook or Netscape. In your situation when you use Qrydst, you get Requested distribution complete, 0 distributions, Reason: the mail has already gone to your mail boxin QTCPTMM. Try removing your SMTP address, use SNDDST to test to yourself, do a Qrydst to a outfile, the system creates it automatically. Do Dsppfm to that file and you should see your SNDDST msg. hth....want to tackle my WebSphere post within this thread.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy