Error in CL with BRMS CTRLGRP
Last Post 30 May 2010 09:38 PM by John Severinsen. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
gjheleno@gmail.com

--
28 May 2010 11:16 PM
Good evening. I created a simple job that retrieves some screens to a backup. Theres the code: 0001.00 PGM 0002.00 /*-- DECLARAÇÃO DE VARIAVEIS--------------------------------------------------*/ PGM ..... STRBKUBRM CTLGRP(SAVSEM) SBMJOB(*NO) MONMSG MSGID(CPF1124 CPA0701) FIM: ENDPGM The program works just fine, but in the end it goes to MSGW because of the BRM Break message: " Control group SAVDIA type *BKU completed with errors." Additional Message Information Message ID . . . . . . : BRM10A1 Severity . . . . . . . : 40 Message type . . . . . : Information Date sent . . . . . . : 10/05/27 Time sent . . . . . . : 01:22:19 Message . . . . : Control group SAVDIA type *BKU completed with errors. Cause . . . . . : Control group SAVDIA type *BKU completed processing but errors were detected. This may be caused from objects not being saved. That is a normal messege that is shown every day when the interactive comand STRBKUBRM SBMJOB *NO is runned in interactive mode. However, when i put it in a cl, the program goes to MSGW. And sinse I cannot MONMSG it I have to reply "I" so the program can ends. What should I do so the program ends with no errors?? woh can i send an I "ignore" the the controlgroup messege? Or what else shoud I do? Best regards, Gonçalo Heleno Lisbon
Satid Singkorapoom

--
29 May 2010 01:06 AM Accepted Answer
I'm not sure if the OS System Reply List would work with BRM10A1 or not. Even if it does, I would not recommend because you should identify what causes BRM10A1 rather than ignoring it. So, please try this: 1) Sign on to your 5250 session. 2) At the command line, type CALL QCMD (and press Enter and then pres F10 for detailed message display mode). 3) Run your program. 4) When your program finishes, browse each message in the message area of the session (using Page Up/Down) staring from the line that you call the program until the line of BRM10A1 message to see what other messages in between could be the cause of BRM10A1 error. You do this by moving the screen cursor to the line of the error message and press F1 to see detailed information of that particular error message. Press F12 (not F3) to get back to the previous screen. 5) Analyze that error message and take proper action to eliminate it If you have a hard time analyzing the error message you see, post the detailed error message (after your press F1) here.
gjheleno@gmail.com

--
29 May 2010 07:31 PM Accepted Answer
Ok. I'll do it. But not until monday... :rolleyes: Thanks 4 your help, I'll be posting soon.:!::!:
John Severinsen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
30 May 2010 09:38 PM Accepted Answer
However, when i put it in a cl, the program goes to MSGW. And sinse I cannot MONMSG it I have to reply "I" so the program can ends.
I don't understand this. I have a CL program that has a MONMSG MSGID(BRM10A1) which monitors for the message. Have you got the message ID correct?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy